『Korean Journal of Japanese Studies』 is now recruiting book reviewers for the next volume! The 『Korean Journal of Japanese Studies』 Editorial Committee has been recriting book reviewers to enhance Korea's Japanese Studies research and to create active discussion venue by utilizing book review culture. We are now recruiting next book reviewers with the prize as listed below. We will look forward to active participation from young researchers.
Applicants may choose more than two research books related to Japan that were published within or outside Korea, and write a creative and analytic book review in free format. The selected review will be published in the 18th edition of 『Korean Journal of Japanese Studies』 (expected to be released in February 2018). We are waiting for inspiring words filled with fresh ideas and rich critical analysis.
This contest is sponsored by the donation from OTSUKA Eiji (大塚英志) professor, a famous writer and critic in Japan. The very first prize-winning work, "A Genealogy of Resentment in Modern Japan" by LEE Young-Jin (Chonnam University National University, Institute of Honam Studies), was published in the 11th edition of 『Korean Journal of Japanese Studies』 (released in August 2014).
1. Topic: Book Review of any recent research papers (more than 2) related to Japan in the field of social science or humanities.
(Please refer to the past book reviews of the 『Korean Journal of Japanese Studies』)
2. Quantity: 200-word manuscript, (more or less than 70 pages)
3. Award: \500,000
4. Qualification: Graduate Student researching on Japan
5. Submission Date: October 30, 2017
6. Submission: Please send an email to the Editorial Committee (email@example.com).
7. Contact: Please contact IJS (02-880-8503) if you have any inquiries.
8. Screening and Selection: The Editorial Committee will contact the applicants individually.